We are now a Controlled Access Hospital!
Please call us before you come to the hospital to confirm our current access requirements. 905-628-6821
We are still seeing essential medical cases, selling food, and filling your pet’s prescriptions by prior arrangement only.
Please notify us if you are feeling ill or if you have returned from out of the country in the past 14 days.
Impact to Appointments
Non-essential medical care appointments:
- Please reschedule your appointment, if your pet does not require immediate veterinary attention.
- If you are unsure whether your pet’s situation is considered non-essential, please speak with one of our team members, who will be able to discuss your specific situation with you.
Essential medical care appointments:
- Please follow our team members directions
- Please do not show up until your appointment time
- Make sure we have your current cell phone number
- Remain in your car while our veterinarian performs their exam and/or tests
- Our veterinarian will discuss your case with you over the phone
Impact to Prescription Refills & Food Orders
- Please call ahead to order your prescription refills or food
- Your order will be picked and you will be phoned when your order is ready for pick up
- Pay for your order over the phone when you are informed that your order is ready to be picked up (visa/mastercard)
Conveniently Order Food & Prescriptions through Our Webstore
Register by phoning 905-628-8207
You can order your food and prescription medication through our webstore and have it delivered to your home. Delivery of food is $10.00 + tax. Food orders $100.00 or more receive free home delivery. Delivery of prescription medication is $13.50 + tax.
We, here at Dundas Animal Hospital, keep the health and safety of our clients, your pets, and our team members as our top priority. One of our core values is “Your Pet’s Health is Important to Us!” We could easily expand this to include Your Health is Important to Us! and Our Health is Important to Us! During this time it is extremely important for all of us to take precautions to limit the exposure to any viruses, including the newest coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our team members already disinfect and sanitize our hospital using industry-approved products. Please be aware that we have scheduled additional cleaning times to help limit exposure for high-touch surfaces: lavatories, door handles, seat armrests, countertops, and any other areas that may be identified as high-touch surfaces.
To help limit exposure to any viruses, including COVID-19, we also follow everyday precautions for prevention of virus transmission.
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public areas
- Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands with soap &water for at least 20 seconds especially after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or having been in a public place
- Wash your hands after touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Wash your hands after touching high-touch surface areas
- If soap & water are not available use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Soap & water are available in the bathroom.
Hand sanitizer is available in the reception area.
We continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 to the community, and are adjusting our business operations as necessary or required, based on government recommendations. Currently we continue to keep the hospital open for business, with some adjustment to the services provided.
We continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as recommendations and guidelines are provided. We wish you, your family and colleague’s safety, wellness and positivity during this challenging time.
Take care and be safe,
Your pet’s healthcare team at Dundas Animal Hospital
Operated by Dundas Animal Hospital Professional Corporation
115 King Street West
Dundas, ON, L9H 1V1
Clinic Phone 905-628-6821
House Call Dept 905-628-8207