Controlled Access Hospital
COVID continues to impact our lives, and our hospital, even as the authorities move through different stages of business restrictions. While the government has eased some restrictions we are still required to follow public health measures. At this time Hamilton Public Health Services requires self-isolation (for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals) until we have reached a level of community vaccination that suggests widespread immunity.
The nature of veterinary medicine means that we are within 2 m (6 ft) of each other, and our clients, while performing certain medical procedures.
What does this mean for Dundas Animal Hospital?
- Any team member, either vaccinated or not vaccinated, in close contact with a COVID case would be required to self-isolate and would not be able to come in to work
- Any team member, either vaccinated or not vaccinated, diagnosed with COVID, as well as any team member(s) deemed in close contact, would be required to self-isolate and would not be able to come in to work
If either situation occurred our ability to provide veterinary care would be impacted for the duration of the self-isolation requirements; which is up to 14 days (2 weeks).
What can you do?
- Get vaccinated!
- Spread the word that vaccination will help the community to reach widespread immunity
We are looking forward to the day when Hamilton Public Health Services announces that we have reached widespread immunity. In the interim, we must ensure that the hospital is capable of providing veterinary care for your pets, without compromising the health & safety of our team and our clients.
Controlled Access means we can continue to provide veterinary care for your pet while protecting you and our team members.
We continue to monitor the situation and work towards returning to the ability to have clients enter into the hospital. Updates will be provided as requirements, policies and guidelines change. We wish you, your family and pet’s safety, wellness and positivity.
Please see below for information regarding appointments, prescription refills, food orders, our webstore, payment, and curbside pick up.
Take care and stay safe,
Dr. Shawn Middleton & Your Pet’s Health Care Team at Dundas Animal Hospital
- Appointments by prior arrangement
- Please follow our team members directions
- Call 905-628-6821 when you arrive to let us know that you are outside
- Wait in your car until your appointment time
- Late appointments will need to be rescheduled
- Early appointments will be seen at their scheduled time
- Make sure we have your current cell phone number
- Only your pet is allowed in the hospital
- Remain in your car while our veterinarian performs their exam and/or tests
- Our veterinarian will discuss your case with you over the phone
House Call Appointments
- House call appointments continue to be temporarily suspended
- Telemedicine appointments are available for some medical situations
- Due to hospital operations, size of exam rooms and physical distancing requirements
- Two people maximum can be invited to enter the hospital
- In order to enter the hospital each person must
- Successfully pass our screening questionnaire
- Show proof of double vaccination
- Wear a mask covering your nose, mouth and chin at all times. Removal of masks, or incorrect wearing of masks, will result in revoking your privilege to enter the hospital
- Call 905-628-6821 when you arrive to let us know that you are here
- Follow our team members directions
- Please call ahead to request refills of your pet’s prescription medication
- When requesting prescription refills, please provide:
- your name
- your pet’s name
- for each medication you are requesting refills for
- the medication name identified on your pet’s current prescription label
- number of refills you are requesting
- delivery option: choice of pickup or ship to home address
- Your request will be reviewed by our veterinarians. You will be contacted if necessary.
- Once your request is approved by our veterinarians, it will be prepared. You will be phoned when it is ready for
- pick up using our curbside pick up option
- shipment directly to your home address (for many prescription medications) Delivery charges apply
- Please call ahead to order your food
- Your order will be picked and you will be phoned when it is ready for curbside pick up
- Preference is for you to pay over the phone (MasterCard/Visa) Note: Debit and/or Cash are still accepted at the door
Curbside Pick Up
- When you arrive at the hospital, call 905-628-6821 to let us know that you are outside
- A team member will bring your order to the door and place it on the cart outside
- Please respect physical distancing requirements
Conveniently Order Food through our Webstore
Food orders $115.00 or more receive free home delivery.